D’Youville College School of Nursing is seeking outstanding faculty candidates with expertise in nursing research and online education to join our adjunct faculty team. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Faculty members in the School of Nursing are primarily responsible for the implementation of educational programs through classroom teaching, lab instruction, and clinical supervision. Opportunities are available in several of these venues.
Classroom instruction includes a variety of teaching/ learning strategies directed at meeting student individual learning styles and includes but is not limited to lecture, lab teaching, on-line and hybrid instruction. Clinical supervision includes guiding students to deliver quality nursing care in a variety of health care settings.
Regular activities include holding office hours, mentoring students, serving on departmental and college committees, and engagement in college and community service opportunities.
Applicants must have a master's degree as a Registered Professional Nurse with experience in online education and/or research preferred. Unencumbered New York State RN license or eligibility for licensure required. Doctoral degree (DNS, DNP, EdD, or PhD) preferred.
- Academic teaching experience preferred. Minimum five years’ experience as a registered nurse or nurse educator preferred.
- Distinguishing Features of the Applicant (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Have a commitment to creating an inclusive climate for learning for students of diverse backgrounds
- Be focused on student success
- Possess academic and experiential expertise as a Nurse Practitioner with an emphasis on engaging and innovative pedagogy
- Be student-centric and service-minded, with the ability to work collaboratively in teams
- Provide effective classroom and clinical instruction in courses required by a diverse student population
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of School of Nursing academic programs
- Serve as an active member in the School of Nursing with regular, predictable attendance at meetings as scheduled
- Be physically able to perform teaching duties in each of class and laboratory settings
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 25 lbs from floor level
- Must be able to occasional bend, twist, and stoop
- Frequent typing of computer keyboard
- Have the ability to sit or stand for extended periods and the dexterity to operate a computer and telephone
- Capable of performing light to moderate lifting, pushing, or pulling of equipment
- Able to provide instruction in classroom, hybrid, or distance learning format
- Maintain professional competence and certification (if applicable) in specialty area
- Hold on-campus office hours for students as outlined by the nursing department
- Participate in scholarly activities that contribute to the nursing and academic disciplines
- Engage in professional development activities to maintain currency in nursing practice
- Possess clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to interact and establish good interpersonal and collaborative relationships with students, faculty, administrators, staff, the Chair, the Dean, and the larger college community
- Be willing to partake in strategic planning initiatives within the School of Nursing to build programs and resources, affiliate to create new opportunities, and innovate to transform nursing
**Candidates should submit a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation.**
About D'Youville College
About D’Youville College
Founded in 1908, D’Youville College is an MSCHE-accredited, independent Catholic college located in the city of Buffalo, New York. D’Youville offers its 3,000 students preeminent education in undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs in allied health professions, education, business, and liberal arts.
D’Youville’s success is built on the commitment that our students learn how to think critically, work with others, be leaders, and communicate effectively – all skills employers look for in the people they hire. D’Youville is an exceptionally collegial and exciting place to work and learn. Its motivating plan for the future and expanded outreach to the region, state, nation and global community provide wonderful opportunities.
D’Youville is situated in the Prospect Park/Lower West Side neighborhood, one of Buffalo’s most diverse and historic neighborhoods with fine examples of residential architecture from the last hundred years. The city is in the midst of a remarkable transformation, including a redeveloped waterfront and revitalized neighborhoods. Buffalo is home to several Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, Frederick Law Olmstead parks, and of course, the chicken wing!
Join us, and be a part of Buffalo’s renaissance.
When inquiring or applying for positions at D’Youville College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at D’Youville College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at D’Youville College.