- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director, leadership team, faculty and staff of ETMSON as requested. Arranges and attends ETMSON annual events including pinning ceremonies as indicated. Arranges requests for building maintenance and IT needs of faculty/staff as requested & vendor management.
- Assist with general office coverage and daily operations of the Nursing Office such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, assisting nursing students, managing textbook orders, ordering office supplies and nursing program and marketing materials.
- Assists with all Elizabeth T. MacNeil School of Nursing meetings including but not limited to ETMSON department, admission and progression committee, standing committees, and subcommittees. Arranges room, sends calendar invites, and produces agendas and meeting minutes.
- Assist with the collection and tabulation of mid-term and final student evaluations, clinical evaluations and exit surveys. Coordinates NCLEX preparation and provides guidance for incoming students & CNA exam applications.
- Facilitates the onboarding and off-boarding of full time/part time faculty and staff and assist with new employee orientation.
- Maintains ETMSON files including updates, filing, and purging.
- Maintains various spreadsheets including but not limited to ETMSON faculty and staff directory and phone tree.
- Manages accreditation files. Maintains various spreadsheets with required accreditation information such as registered nurse licensure, date of birth, credentials, continuing education, etc.
- Coordinates requests by Search Committee hiring process including developing folders for all members of committee, arranging interviews, securing rooms and parking spaces.
- Facilities ETMSON events such as educational speakers, nursing organizational meetings.
- Manage finances such as monthly reconciliation of credit cards and submitting reimbursement paperwork.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 1-2 years working as an Administrative Assistant preferred.
- Must be committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive working and learning environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Must be organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to focus and meet deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated professionalism and dependability
- Flexibility and initiative to undertake and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
About Dominican University
Dominican University is a Catholic, comprehensive teaching university located in River Forest, a suburb of Chicago. Dominican University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as a baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degree-granting institution. It is highly regarded for its academic rigor and thoughtful accompaniment of students, its intentional affordability and values-based, relationship-centered learning environment.
Dominican currently enrolls over 3,300 students, which includes 2,280 undergraduates and 1,027 graduate students. Sixty-eight percent (68%) of our undergraduate students identify as Latinx, 5% are Black or African American, and 3% are Asian. Under-represented minority students, make up 77% of the DU undergraduate enrollment and 38% of the graduate enrollment. Over 90 percent of undergraduates receive some type of financial aid. Nearly half of all undergraduates are first-generation college students; over half are federal Pell Grant recipients, illustrating their families’ level of income; and 58% are eligible for low-income MAP grants from the State of Illinois.
Recognized since 2011 as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), a federal designation of the U.S. Department of Education, Dominican is committed to expanding and enhancing educational opportunities for Latinx students and all students from historically underrepresented groups.
Dominican University offers career opportunities in a variety of areas within our academic colleges and administrative departments. Employment at Dominican University includes the opportunity to interact with students and collaborate with faculty and administrators on a daily basis.
Dominican University employs individuals in a broad range of professions and positions. The university seeks talent at all career stages—entry, professional and managerial.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at Dominican University. When inquiring or applying for jobs at Dominican University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Dominican University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dominican University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Dominican University.