Administrative Assistant – Nursing
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202400014
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Department of Nursing
- Provides full administrative support to the department chairperson, faculty, staff and students
- Monitors and reconciles all departmental budgets, including Foundation accounts
- Enters semester schedules into Banner System
- Enters faculty semester workloads into Banner System
- Greets visitors, answers multiple telephone lines and serves as a resource for inquiries
- Performs computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database functions
- Schedules appointments and meetings for department chairperson
- Maintains complex, comprehensive electronic and paper filing systems
- Maintains all documents and correspondence related to the Missouri State Board of Nursing and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Maintains security for all student, faculty, and department files, handling confidential materials properly
- Oversees training, scheduling and work assignments for student workers
- Composes and processes routine correspondence, monthly reports, meeting minutes, and technical documents
- Compiles and tracks data using spreadsheet and database applications
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of admission procedures and course scheduling
- Prepares and administers course-specific evaluations
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated complete administrative skills, including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated bookkeeping skills and experience in monitoring budgets
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Experience in managing confidential information
- Experience with and understanding of customer service and public relations
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by January 26, 2024.
To Apply: Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current Resume
- Names and contact information of three professional references may be asked for at a later date
About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO): Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/4347089/administrative-assistant-nursing
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Southeast Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive university, recognized for excellence in education, research, engagement, and creativity.
At Southeast Missouri State, we take pride in our will to do: the commitment and heart to find success, no matter what it takes. We give every student personal support that instills a strong sense of confidence and helps them exceed their potential. We offer groundbreaking academics that are comprehensive and dynamic. And because we anticipate the needs of the marketplace, we ensure that our students are ready to launch extraordinary careers.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University.