Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The University of the Pacific, School of Health Sciences is seeking to hire masters' and doctorly prepared registered nurses to join the ELMSN program and fill a clinical/academic non-tenure-track position at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank (depending on qualifications and academic experience).
Duties will include:
- Teaching Nursing curriculum content in both didactic and clinical settings.
- Advising students.
- Other responsibilities may include contacting clinical agencies, orienting and evaluating part-time faculty and students.
- Demonstrate effective teaching.
- Participate in department committees.
- Participate in interprofessional collaboration.
Service to the University is required for retention, promotion, and tenure. This is a three (3) year contracted appointment. Position includes use of support for research, professional development, and scholarly activities.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision- making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.
- MSN in Nursing or related field.
- A current, active, and unencumbered California RN License.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a nurse within the last five (5) years.
- Eligible for approval as a BRN approved faculty by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- A terminal degree in Nursing (PhD or DNP, or EdD) with a Master’s degree in nursing or a related field. ABD candidates are encouraged to apply with the premise they will finish their dissertation within two (2) years of appointment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of instructional experience teaching in an academic setting.
- Knowledge and skills related to teaching nursing, teaching methodology, curriculum development, evaluations, or willingness to plan for acquisition of these skills not later than the first year of teaching.
- BRN approval as a content expert. Experience in using Canvas or other LMS.
- Expertise in simulation or other innovative teaching modalities. Demonstrated commitment to teaching students from diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:Schedule is dependent on the course and department needs.
This position will remain open until filled.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/27112
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-9342c65b0791ab4eb428c989867ed610
About University of the Pacific
Why Work at Pacific?
University of the Pacific is a mission-driven organization, focused on creating the next generation of leaders in a wide array of disciplines through student-centered teaching and research that blends learning in classrooms, laboratories and studios with real-world experiences partnering with organizations across northern California. No matter the job, every employee at Pacific is part of contributing to the mission of California’s first university, which ranks in the Top 20 in the West and Top 100 in the U.S.
Our shared values are at the heart of who we are as Pacificans and represent what we do best. These values — excellence, community engagement, diversity and inclusion, integrity and accountability, respect and civility — provide a shared sense of purpose and identity. They foster a culture that recognizes and rewards the talents and commitment of our people, and cultivate an environment of innovation, inclusiveness and respect.
Pacific has three unique campuses across northern California. The largest campus is found in Stockton in the heart of the Central Valley. The 175-acre campus is regularly ranked as one of the most beautiful college campuses in America. As the only college on the West Coast that uses collegiate gothic architecture, the Pacific campus conjures up images of the brick-and-ivy campuses seen at traditional East Coast colleges, and the soothing tones of the carillon bells help create a truly special work environment. The campus also is home to the Faye Spanos Concert Hall, where employees can enjoy the work of students from the Conservatory of Music and guest artists. Employees also can enjoy watching Division I athletic competitions. Pacific is a member of the West Coast Conference and has 17 D-I sports.
The university also has campuses in Sacramento and San Francisco. The Sacramento campus is located in the Oak Park neighborhood, just a few blocks from new stores, restaurants, cafes and apartments created by former Mayor Kevin Johnson. In San Francisco, Pacific is housed in a state-of-the-art building in the heart of downtown on Fifth Street, walking distance from world-class shopping, dining and cultural venues.
Pacific offers a unique and powerful set of benefits for its employees with your individual needs in mind. We know that employees come with differing needs that can change and grow just as you and your family's needs may change over time. A few of our benefits we like to highlight are:
- Pacific contributes 10% toward employee retirement each paycheck
- Pacific offers up to 90% tuition remission and exchange for employees and their dependents
- Pacific offers 14 paid holidays and seasonal days each year in addition to regular vacation days.
Pacific also provides affordable and high-quality comprehensive benefits to support employees' varied needs. We invite you to explore our Health Benefits, Income Protection plans, Financial Planning benefits and Work-Life Balance programs.
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.