Posting Number: F00563
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
Department: 1802-College of Graduate Nursing
Function: College of Graduate Nursing
Classification Series Title:
Classification Pay Scale
In compliance with SB 1162, Western University of Health Sciences is providing a pay scale for this position. The pay scale reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, the individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and work location. Please note that the compensation details listed reflects the base salary only.
Full Salary Range
Expected Pay Scale
Serve as a member of the faculty for the College of Graduate Nursing. This grant-funded faculty member will work with the WU-FAR 9 nurse education training program for clinical nursing faculty and preceptors. The faculty member will also teach in the CGN programs, conduct scholarly and research activities in areas of expertise, provide institutional and community service, participate in College committees and activities, and maintain professional competency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Expertise and knowledge of entry-level nursing and advanced practice nursing.
2. Ability to design, implement and evaluate courses, lectures and seminars and evaluate student achievement.
3. Knowledge of distance learning principles and pedagogy of adult learning.
4. Ability to communicate with a variety of health professionals that contribute to the clinical/didactic education of nursing students.
5. Work effectively with colleagues, staff and administration to advance the mission of the institution.
6. Demonstrate basic computer literacy and skills in emerging teaching technologies. Willingness to remain flexible and adapt to the changing technological advancements associated with a web-based curriculum.
1. EDUCATION: Must possess a Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited institution. A doctorate in Nursing or related field is preferred.
2. LICENSURE: Must possess a current California RN license.
3. EXPERIENCE: A minimum of (1) year experience in higher education or nursing administration (as program director, department chair, etc.) and one year of full-time teaching experience in Nursing. BRN approved for teaching in a required subject area.
Posting Date: 12/12/2022
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Three letters of recommendation will be requested at an appropriate time in the interview / hiring process.
Essential Job Duties
1. Teach in the WesternU-Faculty Academy Region 9 partnership project to educate clinical nursing faculty, clinical educators, and preceptors throughout the Western US. As a member of the Faculty Academy, network with the primary clinical and community partners to deliver the curriculum to 208 nursing schools and clinical partners.
2. Teach in the CGN programs with a teaching load appropriate to the balance of other job functions. Teaching assignments vary each semester.
3. Advise and guide students to achieve success as clinical educators and preceptors and in new nursing roles.
4 . Teach in other WesternU programs to promote interdisciplinary education.
Percentage Of Time
5. Attend and participate in college and university functions such as Commencement, Convocation, White Coat, etc.
6. Participate in institutional and college activities and decision-making which may include:
a. Curriculum development or evaluation.
b. CGN and University committees.
c. Formal and informal faculty development programs.
d. Annual revisions of the Student and Clinical handbooks.
7. Maintain clinical competency in area of specialty.
Percentage Of Time
8. Participate in academic support activities such as conferences, seminars, student recruiting, etc.
9. Develop a program of research or evidence-based practice. Contribute one piece of scholarship per academic year.
10. Participate in the CGN Mentorship Program.
11. Complete other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Graduate Nursing.
Percentage Of Time
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is typically low to moderate.
To apply, visit https://jobs.westernu.edu/postings/25630
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About Western University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences, located in Pomona, CA and Lebanon, OR, is an independent nonprofit health professions university, conferring degrees in dental medicine, health sciences, medical sciences, nursing, optometry, osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, podiatric medicine and veterinary medicine. WesternU is home to WesternU Health, where the best in collaborative health care services is offered and WesternU Pet Health, where we enhance and prolong the loving relationship between families and their pets.
For over 45 years, WesternU has prepared health care professionals for long-term career success. Our educational approach is centered around humanistic values, so that our graduates treat every patient as the unique individual they are. WesternU also is one of the largest graduate schools for the health sciences in California and our Alumni rank among the top leaders in health care and medicine throughout the country and the world.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at Western University of Health Sciences. When inquiring or applying for jobs at Western University of Health Sciences, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Western University of Health Sciences and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Western University of Health Sciences are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Western University of Health Sciences.