Posted Salary Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a registered nurse and recent clinical practice experience as a Family Nurse
- Previous teaching experience in an academic setting.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews, evaluates and submits recommended curriculum changes to the direct report.
- Prepares and submits for approval,
program-related reports and agreements and maintains program-related records as assigned.
- Assists program director in preparing
semester course schedules, resolving student issues, implementing and monitoring program budget.
- Monitors academic standards for the
program to which assigned.
- Teaches program courses and conducts all duties and responsibilities pertinent to the faculty role as
outlines in the SON/faculty position description.
- Assists in the identification, recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of
fulltime and adjunct faculty in the program to which assigned.
- Initiates orientation programs for new adjunct or fulltime faculty in
the program to which assigned.
- Coordinates the clinical laboratory placement of students in conjunction with program directors,
faculty, and other nursing program coordinators.
- Build a close relationship with current clinical sites.
- Identifies and
secures new clinical site affiliation agreements.
- Conducts clinical site visits as assigned.
- Maintains at least one day of
active clinical practice.
- Other related duties as assigned by the
- An earned doctorate in nursing or a doctorate in a related field with a
graduate degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
Licensing and Certifications
- Current Mississippi Registered Nurse License.
- Current Mississippi Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Current National Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Knowledge Skills and
- The incumbent assists in providing academic leadership and supervision of the nursing program to which
- In-depth knowledge of Nursing Education.
- Demonstrated Integrity.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal,
written, and interpersonal.
- Excellent time manage and organizational skills.
- Strong conflict resolution
- Skills in mentoring students.
- Skilled in cross-cultural communication and multi-cultural
- Demonstrated ability in teaching and curriculum development at the undergraduate level.
- Ability to lead, direct
and advise students.
- Ability to integrate academic standards, performance character, and principles of ethics an integrity in all
aspects of job performance.