Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor,
Reporting Structure: Department Chair of Nursing and Dean, CoNHS
Academic Affairs, College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Job Summary: Nursing Faculty in the MSN-ED program
at Bethune-Cookman University are directly responsible to the Chairperson and to the Dean. They assist the Chairperson in the implementation
of program and student learning outcomes. Faculty assist in the development, revision, and implantation of curricula, which is grounded in
an evidenced based practice model.
Faculty provide classroom teaching, supervise students in the laboratory and clinical
settings, and administer standardized testing. Faculty persons also provide advisement to students, as well as mentorsh ip throughout the
matriculation process. Faculty are required to have knowledge of the unit, to be an integral member of the Nurse Faculty Committee, and to
serve and/or chair School of Nursing standing committees. Faculty are also expected to maintain currency in their respective areas of
teaching responsibility, as well as clinically competent.
- Provide appropriate
student supervision in the assigned didactic and laboratory/clinical areas.
- Effectively deliver curricular
- Participate and contribute to the team teaching concept in didactic and clinical courses when assigned.
- Act in the
role of course leader as assigned.
- Model team enhancing behaviors.
- Participate on unit's standing committees and
- Serve as a role model for students in professional interaction with faculty, health care team members, and with clinical
- Promote positive and productive relationships in the unit, among faculty, and with area health care
- Maintain relationships with clinical sites and professional peers that support the reputation of the Institution and
Registered Nursing Program
- Assist in the scheduling and confirmation of use of clinical sites.
- Participate in curricular
development, revision, and change.
- Develop course examinations.
- Improve teaching skills by seeking new knowledge and
maintaining currency in professional competencies.
- Maintain a positive work ethic by adhering to the assigned schedule, reporting to
work as mandated by the Institution, meeting classes at the assigned time, keeping posted office hours, and being
- Collect, record, maintain, and submit accurate class records, including grades, absences,
drops/withdrawals, and failures.
- Keep student health information current.
- Maintain student attendance records and record
- Evaluate the progress of students in all classes according to Institutional and School of Nursing program
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of course syllabi, program outlines, handouts, etc.
- Be familiar with
Institutional policies and procedures, as well as those of the School of Nursing.
- Be familiar with the affairs of the
- Participate in graduation, consecration, and the unit's pinning ceremony.
- Participate in recruitment
- Participate in retention efforts.
- Provide input into the School of Nursing's budget.
- Participate in the
selection and orientation of new faculty.
- Establish and maintains policies on selection, admission, promotion and graduation of
- Participates in maintenance and updating the Skills lab and multimedia resources.
- Participates on campus
- Assist the Dean in the development, implementation and evaluation of program outcomes and student learning
- Computer Literate
- Strong interpersonal and communication
skills Strong clinical and professional skills
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), and Doctorate in Nursing or related
field (PhD, EdD, DNP).
- Unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
Skills, Experience and Education:
- 5+ years clinical experience
- S+ years of teaching experience in an academic or
The University does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national and ethnic origin, sex, retaliation, marital status, religion or disability, or any other applicable local, state or federal
regulation. Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with disabilities, equal employment opportunity and Title IX matters should be
directed to the Office of Human Resources at 386-481-2049.
The university reserves the right to modify job
descriptions at any time in ;ts' attempts to
improve the operations of the university