Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing—Search #68002 (Multiple Positions)
Georgia Southern University
Waters College of Health Professions – School of Nursing
The School of Nursing in the Waters College of Health Professions invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing.
Founded in 1906, Georgia Southern University is a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution with a focus on public-impact research, serving over 25,500 students on three beautiful campuses in Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville, and via a growing online program. Through our degree offerings at the associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern offers a distinctive combination of community collaboration, world-class scholarship, innovative teaching, and hands-on learning opportunities.
Within this setting, the mission of the School of Nursing is to prepare a diverse student population to become professional nurses through academic excellence to promote health and enhance the quality of life for citizens in the rural and urban communities they serve. The School of Nursing aspires to be the premier center for academic excellence in professional nursing education for the southeastern United States through transformative learning opportunities that promote a culture of caring and a legacy of lifelong scholarship, leadership and responsible community service and stewardship. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to participate in charting a new course for nursing education at Georgia Southern University through course and program development, innovative instruction, and formulating academic partnerships that will provide students with state-of-the-art learning experiences.
Position Description. Reporting to the chair of the School of Nursing, the tenure-track assistant/associate professor position requires didactic and clinical instruction in undergraduate and/or graduate courses; participation in promoting student success; participation in ongoing program and curricular assessment; demonstration of continuing professional growth and scholarly development; maintenance of expertise in areas of responsibility; and participation in service in school, college, and university committees and initiatives. The position is an academic (10 month), tenure-track appointment, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Earned doctorate in nursing, or a closely related field, by August 1, 2024.
• Must have an active unencumbered RN licensure in Georgia by August 1, 2024.
• Nurse Practitioner applicants must have certification and licensure as a nurse practitioner.
• Promise of productive scholarship consistent with the teacher scholar model, including grant writing.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and learning that is consistent with the college's priorities for the school and the mission of the University.
• Technological literacy and a commitment to integrate technology into teaching and scholarship.
• Willingness to engage with institutional student success initiatives.
• Commitment to engaging with best practice initiatives in instruction and pedagogy, mentoring, and curriculum design and development.
• Demonstrated commitment to advancing a strong and growing research and scholarship agenda and the production of research/creative activities as appropriate to the discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years full-time college/university teaching experience at the assistant professor level is required for the rank of associate professor along with a strong record of research and service with publications and presentations in professional venues.
• Previous teaching experience at the university level and baccalaureate and/or graduate nursing education.
• Experience in online instruction and development, and human simulation.
• Experience working with a diverse student body.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the institution.
• All work (with limited exceptions such as research and study abroad and outside activities such as grading and email correspondence) for Georgia Southern University must be completed while the employee is physically present in the state of Georgia, unless specifically authorized by the university for a specific purpose and limited period of time within current policy.
• Faculty are expected to contribute to the vibrant university community by engaging students, participating in events, and performing other responsibilities on-campus.
• Faculty may be required to teach, conduct research, or perform service duties on any of the three campuses. Georgia Southern provides accessible transportation options between campuses.
Screening of applications begins November 27, 2023, and continues until the position is filled. The preferred position starting date is August 1, 2024. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested. Only complete applications submitted electronically will be considered. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Dr. Joanne Zanetos, Search Chair, Search #68002
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: https://tinyurl.com/bdff63se
More information about the institution is available through http://www.georgiasouthern.edu or https://chp.georgiasouthern.edu/about/. The names of applicants and nominees, vitae, and other non-evaluative information may be subject to public inspection under the Georgia Open Records Act. Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-478-6947.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Georgia Southern University
Georgia Southern University is the state’s largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta. With 141 degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern has been designated a public Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution and serves over 26,400 students from all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico as well as 102 nations.
With three vibrant campuses — the Statesboro Campus, the Armstrong Campus in Savannah and the Liberty Campus in Hinesville — Georgia Southern offers an attractive campus environment that encourages learning, discovery and personal growth. Georgia Southern’s nationally accredited academic programs prepare diverse scholars for leadership and service as world citizens. A unit of the University System of Georgia, the University boasts 200-plus student organizations, outstanding Division I athletics, and state-of-the art residence halls and campus facilities.
Since 1906, the University’s hallmark has been a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice, extends the learning environment beyond the classroom, and promotes student growth and life success. Central to the University’s mission is the faculty’s dedication to excellence in teaching and the development of a fertile learning environment exemplified by a free exchange of ideas, high academic expectations, and individual responsibility for academic achievement.
Faculty, staff, and students embrace core values expressed through integrity, civility, kindness, collaboration, and a commitment to lifelong learning, wellness, and social responsibility.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Georgia Southern University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Georgia Southern University.