Assistant Director, Nursing Equity Program – HRSA Grant
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$75,000 yr + (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$36.06 per hour
Provides assistance to achieve the organization's administrative, academic, student support and/or community relations goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures that affect clients and/or employees, applying them fairly and consistently; ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations; and applies best practices that are in direct support of the overall vision, mission and goals of the organization and/or district.
• Knowledgeable about and can clearly represent own area of responsibility, seeking new knowledge and tools to advance the objectives of the organization.
• Able to collaborates with stakeholders to implement/improve processes and procedures in order to meet the mission and goals of the institution or organization.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to prioritize, plan and lead projects as assigned.
• Ability to identify problems and determines the best solution, working to resolve the issue(s).
• Able to develop strong working relationships with team members, key stakeholders, internal and external constituents from diverse backgrounds in order to meet business needs.
• Provides guidance and support to employees to improve the value of the organization and create a positive work environment.
• Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work priorities, organizational and/or customer needs.
• Uses multiple methods to communicate information and chooses method that is appropriate to the audience.
• Maintains confidentiality and high ethical standards.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing plus three (3) years of Nursing experience and must have current, valid, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas.
• Experience working with Health Resources and Services Administration grants preferred.
• Official transcript will be required.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
• Manages various aspects of grant development by leading project for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a grant project. Initiate project activities, research, data collection and reports following guidelines set forth by the funding agency.
• Responsible for ensuring grant proposals and projects are in compliance with internal, district and funding agency procedures.
• Responsible for providing guidance and leadership in planning the day‐to‐day activities of assigned organization.
• Plans, organizes, and schedules staff and tasks effectively to achieve objectives. Adheres to institutional and/or the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Coordinates, tracks, and analyzes the grant deliverables with funding agency, and develops a strategic plan for program self-sufficiency.
• Responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timely submission of all proposals and projects, including budget development and resource allocation.
• Works closely with team leaders, faculty committees and committee chairs to prepare project plans, agendas, minutes, and other documentation necessary to support the planning and development of the project.
• Works with community-based agencies to coordinate events for marketing, building partnerships and recruitment of special populations as specified in the grant.
• Responsible for various cross-district groups or committees that would be key to the success of the grant.
• Responsible for the coordination, identification development, and evaluation of project activities.
• Follow-up with the appropriate individuals to ensure that grant objectives and timelines are met.
• Attend training events and webinars to stay abreast of compliance and governmental changes.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
About Dallas College
Dallas College originally operated as a district of seven independently accredited colleges. In 2020, those colleges united under a single name in order to offer our students a more streamlined, more convenient experience. The seven original campuses live on as our primary locations.
- Bill J. Priest Center
- Construction Sciences Center
- Coppell Center
- Culinary, Pastry and Hospitality Center
- Dental Hygiene Center
- Downtown Design Center
- Downtown Health Sciences Center
- Garland Center
- Irving Center
- Pleasant Grove Center
- West Dallas Center
When inquiring or applying for positions within Dallas College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dallas College are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Dallas College.