Summary Position Title
Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing/Immersive Learning
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)/ Keigwin School of Nursing (KSON)
Jacksonville University, ranked as a Best Regional University by US News and World Report, invites applicants for a faculty position in the Keigwin School of Nursing. This is a non-tenure track, full time, 12-month position. The expected start date is January 1, 2023. This individual will teach on the main campus and the Palm Coast location.
Nursing faculty develop, revise, and teach curriculum (including clinical instruction), serve on department, college or university committees, are assigned special projects, perform university service, chair student projects and advise students academically. They also participate in nursing scholarship including clinical practice, research/QI projects, presentations and/or publications.
Essential Job Duties
- The primary teaching responsibility for this position will be in the immersive learning lab.
- Teaching may include undergraduate students in ground-based, online, and hybrid models.
- Teaching may extend into the skills lab environment and off-site/clinical locations.
- University service includes committee membership, special projects, community activities, mentoring, attendance and support for university events.
- Expert clinical nursing skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and good problem solver
- Dedicated to service and a strong university presence
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Occasional evening and week-end hours
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position Minimum Education Requirement
- MSN in Nursing
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 3-years' experience in clinical nursing
- Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Florida and/or eligible to obtain licensure
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application, three letters of reference, and unofficial transcripts via email to: email@example.com.