Posting Number: F00539
Department: 1802-College of Graduate Nursing
Function: College of Graduate Nursing
Classification Series Title:
Classification Pay Scale
In compliance with SB 1162, Western University of Health Sciences is providing a pay scale for this position. The pay scale reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, the individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and work location. Please note that the compensation details listed reflects the base salary only.
Serve as an Assistant Professor in the Master of Science in Nursing – Entry (MSN-E) program in the College of Graduate Nursing. The faculty member will be expected to teach in the CGN programs, conduct scholarly and research activities in areas of expertise, provide institutional and community service, participate in College committees and activities, and maintain professional competency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Expertise and knowledge of entry level nursing and advanced practice of nursing.
2. Ability to design, implement, and evaluate courses, lectures and seminars, and to evaluate student achievement.
3. Knowledge of basic and advanced clinical skills required of nurses in multiple settings.
4. Maintain accurate records and reports of clinical and didactic performance of students.
5. Ability to communicate with a variety of health professionals that contribute to the clinical/didactic education of nursing students.
6. Work effectively with colleagues, staff, and administration to advance the mission of the institution.
7. Demonstrate basic computer literacy and skills in emerging teaching technologies. Willingness to remain flexible and adapt to the changing technological advancements associated with delivering curriculum.
1. EDUCATION: Must possess a Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution. Doctoral degree desirable but not required.
2. LICENSURE: Must possess a current and valid license as a registered nurse. Prefer specialty certification.
3. EXPERIENCE: Two years clinical experience and two years teaching experience in nursing education preferred.
Posting Date: 10/05/2022
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants
3 letters of recommendation will be required to be submitted at an appropriate time in the interview / hiring process.
Essential Job Duties
1. Teach in the MSN-E program with a clinical focus in Medical Surgical, Obstetrics, Pediatrics or Mental Health specialty. May be assigned to teach in other CGN programs.
2. Facilitate student centered learning in theory, lab, and in clinical practice in BRN-approved content area.
3. Advise and guide students to gain success as nursing students and new nurses.
4. Assess and evaluate clinical preceptors and clinical education sites. Perform clinical site visits, and mentor students in the clinical setting.
5. Teach in other Western University programs to promote interprofessional education.
Percentage Of Time
6. Attend and participate in College and University functions, Commencement, Convocation, White Coat, Pinning, etc.
7. Participate in institutional and college activities and decision-making which may include:
a. Curriculum development or evaluation.
b. CGN and University committees.
c. Formal and informal faculty development programs.
d. Annual revisions of the Student and Clinical handbooks.
8. Maintain clinical competency in area of specialty.
Percentage Of Time
9. Participate in academic support activities such as conferences, seminars, student recruiting, etc.
10. Develop a program of research or evidence-based practice. Contribute one piece of scholarship per academic year.
11. Participate in the CGN Mentorship Program.
12. Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of the MSNE program and Dean of the College of Graduate Nursing.
Percentage Of Time
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is typically low to moderate.
To apply, visit https://jobs.westernu.edu/postings/24891
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Western University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences, located in Pomona, CA and Lebanon, OR, is an independent nonprofit health professions university, conferring degrees in dental medicine, health sciences, medical sciences, nursing, optometry, osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, podiatric medicine and veterinary medicine. WesternU is home to WesternU Health, where the best in collaborative health care services is offered and WesternU Pet Health, where we enhance and prolong the loving relationship between families and their pets.
For over 45 years, WesternU has prepared health care professionals for long-term career success. Our educational approach is centered around humanistic values, so that our graduates treat every patient as the unique individual they are. WesternU also is one of the largest graduate schools for the health sciences in California and our Alumni rank among the top leaders in health care and medicine throughout the country and the world.