Prairie View A&M University
Assistant Professor (Nursing)
Assistant Professor (Nursing)
Prairie View A&M University
College Of Nursing | DNP Program
Proposed Minimum Salary
This is a tenure track position that works collaboratively with the faculty in coordinating the implementation of respective programs of study. Demonstrates command of content in an area of specialization. Develops classroom and clinical learning activities that facilitate learning.
- Works collaboratively with the faculty in coordinating the implementation of respective programs of study. Demonstrates command of content in an area of specialization. Develops classroom and clinical learning activities that facilitate learning.
- Uses innovative, state of the art teaching methodologies and learning activities that promote excellence in classroom and online teaching. Coordinates orientation and teaching across the curriculum of students' theory and/or clinical teaching.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates assigned course offerings, including clinical and practice courses. Assists in the development of, monitoring/ maintenance of, and reporting of curriculum content for the education of baccalaureate, masters (advance practice nurse) and doctoral students in accordance with national standards and accreditation bodies (AACN, ACEN, NLN, NONPF).
- Serves as an academic advisor and research mentor to students and faculty, and communities of interest. Assumes a leadership role in academic programs and committee responsibilities. Serves as a member of the CON Faculty Organization. Participates in and demonstrates leadership in CON and PVAMU committees and taskforces. Submits an annual faculty performance portfolio representative of documentation of teaching effectiveness, scholarship/research, and service.
- Articulates a defined program of research. Directs and engage in research that contribute to the advancement of nursing knowledge and nursing science. Exhibits leadership in research for increased collaboration with nursing colleagues and other disciplines. Disseminates scholarly work in professional publications/presentation at local or state meetings. Demonstrates leadership through increased participation University activities and committees. Participates actively in local, state, national, international nursing, and professional organizations.
Required Education & Experience:
- Master's degree in nursing, and a PhD or doctorate equivalent in an area specialization and from an accredited institution.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to working with students and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Required Licensure and or Certification:
- Current licensure or eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.
- Appropriate national certification in specialty area, if an advanced practice nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and service in nursing education and practice.
- Experience in classroom education/teaching and/or clinical nursing education.
- Demonstrated past performance in the scholarship of nursing, including and not limited to research, scientific manuscripts, grant writing, technology, etc.
- Experience in providing didactic education content at the doctoral level.
Job Posting Close Date:
- Until Filled
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Houston-TX/Assistant-Professor–Nursing-_R-066210?workerSubType=0e1cd8ed3502012ddf607157e74b7d04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020103f9b47257e74b7f04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed350201da3af87057e74b7c04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020108df607157e74b7e04
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-5a4859cce1a10d4885b3c90962b24f0e
About Prairie View A&M University
Prairie View A&M University is a part of the Texas A&M University System and the second oldest institution in the state of Texas. The campus is located approximately 40 miles northwest of downtown Houston. Prairie View A&M University is committed to excellence through teaching, research and service since 1876.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University