Assistant Professor of Nursing
School of Nursing
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrate disciplinary and professional expertise, and evidence of exceptional and innovative teaching and advising with diverse undergraduate or adult learners (in-person and online).
- Exhibit existing and potential scholarly productivity as well as the desire to collaborate with colleagues, the region, and community.
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve on department committees, attend department meetings, and work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students from a wide range of disciplines, cultures, and academic backgrounds.
- Master of Science in Nursing with specialty certification
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Missouri (or the ability to obtain this license.)
- Meet Missouri minimum standards for faculty appointment
- Experience teaching undergraduate or adult learners
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field
- Experience in clinical simulation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The successful candidate should demonstrate disciplinary expertise and professional experience, evidence of exceptional teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level (in-person and online), and the potential for scholarly productivity and collaboration with the region and community.
- Primary teaching responsibilities include theory and clinical practice courses. Faculty may teach in the undergraduate and graduate programs and are expected to supervise and teach Practicum students when needed.
- As Missouri's designated applied learning institution, we seek a candidate who is both collaborative and service oriented, and who demonstrates a strong commitment to building real-world active-learning environments.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
About Missouri Western State University
Missouri Western State University is a comprehensive, state-supported institution serving more than 5,000 students on a beautiful 744-acre campus about 45 minutes north of Kansas City. Missouri Western is an active partner in the educational, economic, cultural, and social development of the people and region it serves. A distinct focus on applied learning and applied research is a hallmark of the innovative teaching and learning environment.
At Missouri Western, Griffons Succeed!
Missouri Western State University has a proud tradition of providing a high quality, affordable education to students in the state of Missouri and beyond. We are a four-year, state-supported institution providing a variety of degree programs and offering professional master’s degrees, four-year baccalaureate degrees, two-year associate degrees, pre-professional transfer programs and one-year certificates. In addition, the University offers seminars, conferences and workshops suited to the needs of the community.
Students come from throughout the United States and more than 25 countries. And our alumni live and work around the world. From its humble beginnings in 1915, Missouri Western continues to deepen its impact on the community, region, nation and world.
Missouri Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States. HLC accredits institutions of higher education in 19 states and has approximately 1,000 member institutions.
Accreditation supports our ongoing focus on institutional improvement, ensures that we remain accountable to our constituencies, and provides us with a broad framework for action as we work to achieve our mission.
Missouri Western’s accreditation was reaffirmed on January 24, 2017 and participates in the Open Pathway. We value the insights provided through the accreditation process and seek to use this information to strengthen our institution.
Missouri Western is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA), which provides a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. When states join SARA, they agree to follow uniform processes for approving their eligible institutions’ participation. They also agree to deal with other states’ SARA institutions in a common way when those institutions carry out activities in SARA states other than their own. For a list of schools holding NC-SARA membership, please click here.
Specialized accreditations include:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB International
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Council on Social Work Education
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science
- National Association of Schools of Music
Missouri Western also has the All-Steinway School designation, the American Chemical Society curriculum approval, and the American Bar Association approval.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .