Rivier University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Undergraduate Education. Reporting to the Dean of
Nursing and Health Professions, the Assistant Professor of Undergraduate Education is responsible for providing instruction and support to
the Undergraduate Nursing Program for the Nursing and Health Professions Division at Rivier
- Candidate must possess a keen interest and enthusiasm for engaging, teaching,
working and mentoring student teaching modalities at the undergraduate level.
- Candidate must possess strong clinical skills and
experience in Pediatrics.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues both in the department and throughout the University
- Direction and general supervision is received from the Dean of Nursing
and Health Professions.
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing is
- Doctoral preparation preferred, or in progress.
- Academic teaching experience preferred.
- Unencumbered NH RN
license (or eligibility for licensure in NH).
- Unencumbered Massachusetts RN license (or eligibility for licensure in
- Demonstrated ability in and commitment to teaching excellence in a broad range of undergraduate clinical and didactic
- Desire to mentor undergraduate students in their course work and career goals.
Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain
confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial
- Self-starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Computer skills and proficiency with a
variety of computer applications including word-processing, on-line teaching and reporting platforms, as well as online calendaring and
This position classification has been defined as exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA).