Assistant Professor or Instructor – Nursing – Medical Surgical
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202300100-01
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Assistant Professor or Instructor, Medical Surgical
Department of Nursing
College of Education, Health and Human Studies
- Face-to-face, blended, and/or online teaching and clinical supervision of pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), RN-BSN, and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) students with a focus on research and clinical practice with various populations in the medical surgical
- Teaching and clinical supervision of additional courses in the nursing curriculum
- Use of simulation and technology-based teaching/learning strategies
- Curricular assessment, revision, and evaluation
- Student recruitment, retention, and mentoring
- Ongoing scholarly activity
- Participation in committee work, public service, and professional organizations
- Recruitment and retention of students
- For Tenure Track position: Doctoral Degree in Nursing or related field or ABD (with degree completion by January 2024) and Master of Science in Nursing; Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university
- For Regular Non-Tenure Track position: Master of Science in Nursing; Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university
- Current, active Missouri RN license or eligibility for Missouri licensure
- Recent, within the last three years, nursing teaching experience in theory or clinical, as faculty or preceptor
- Minimum three years of recent clinical experience in nursing as faculty or staff
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with students, faculty, staff, and the community
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: The review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position has been filled.
To Apply Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements.
- Current curriculum vita
- Copy of current nursing license and applicable certification
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when the offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO): Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
Departmental Information: The Department of Nursing includes 20 faculty members serving over 300 undergraduate and graduate students. Both the BSN and MSN programs are CCNE accredited. The department website may be accessed at http://www.semo.edu/nursing/
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Southeast Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive university, recognized for excellence in education, research, engagement, and creativity.
At Southeast Missouri State, we take pride in our will to do: the commitment and heart to find success, no matter what it takes. We give every student personal support that instills a strong sense of confidence and helps them exceed their potential. We offer groundbreaking academics that are comprehensive and dynamic. And because we anticipate the needs of the marketplace, we ensure that our students are ready to launch extraordinary careers.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University.