Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track) or Instructor – Nursing
Fontbonne University’s Department of Nursing invites applications for a full-time faculty member (instructor or tenure track assistant professor) to join the department in August 2023. We are seeking an educator committed to designing an innovative classroom culture that embraces diversity and fosters student success. The nursing faculty member will create a sense of belonging that motivates students and strengthens their desire to learn. This position will be a combination of classroom instruction and teaching in the simulation lab. Courses taught will vary based on faculty expertise and departmental needs, but expertise is needed in the areas of Mental Health and Community Health.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Fulfills assigned teaching responsibilities.
• Incorporates sound pedagogy and andragogy into teaching activities.
• Uses technology to enhance and optimize student learning outcomes.
• Utilizes best evidence for developing teaching/learning activities.
• Contributes to the development and enhancement of the curricula.
• Advises students through feedback, coaching, remediation, and engagement.
• Maintenance of scholarly activities, such as participation in professional associations and continued professional development.
• Engages in activities external to the University in support of the profession of nursing and the community.
• Provides service to the college, community, and profession.
• Participates in course, program, and faculty related activities as required for all full-time faculty.
About Fontbonne University
Fontbonne University is a vibrant and strong academic institution located in the Clayton suburb within the St. Louis metropolitan area. We were founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet and established in the Catholic tradition, yet we serve and welcome a diverse group of students from all faiths, cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs. With nearly 1,000 students enrolled, we offer Division III athletics, a large range of student organizations, and more than 100 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Fontbonne University is uniquely situated to offer the best of city sights and scenes coupled with beautiful and historic homes and neighborhoods.
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Fontbonne University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. Candidates from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers our diversity and inclusion efforts and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Open your mind. Follow your heart. Take the leap. Challenging, welcoming, affordable. Fontbonne will prepare you for an engaged and rewarding life, no matter how you’re called to serve.