Prairie View A&M University
Prairie View A&M University
College Of Nursing | Graduate Nursing Program
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Assistant Professor's primary duties include, but are not limited to, administration of instruction in the didactic and clinical application of the nursing curriculum. Works collaboratively with the faculty in coordinating the implementation of respective programs of study. Demonstrates command of content in an area of specialization and develops classroom and clinical learning activities which support academic success.
- Uses innovative, state-of-the-art teaching methodologies and learning activities that promote excellence in the classroom and online teaching. Serves as an academic advisor and research mentor to students and faculty, and communities of interest.
- Coordinates orientation and teaching across the curriculum of students' theory and/or clinical teaching. Plans, implements, and evaluates assigned course offerings, including clinical and practice courses.
- Exhibits leadership in research for increased collaboration with nursing colleagues and other disciplines.
Directs and engages in research that contributes to the advancement of nursing knowledge and nursing science. Disseminates scholarly work in professional publications/presentations at local or state meetings.
- Assumes a leadership role in academic programs and committee responsibilities. Demonstrates leadership through increased participation in University activities and committees. Serves as a member of the CON Faculty Organization and in collaboration with faculty respective assigned university committees, task forces, etc.
- Additional Research Responsibilities: Articulates a defined program of research; Directs and engage in research that contribute to the advancement of nursing knowledge and nursing science; Exhibits leadership in research for increased collaboration with nursing colleagues and other disciplines; Disseminates scholarly work in professional publications/presentation at local or state meetings; Demonstrates leadership through increased participation University activities and committees; Participates actively in local, state, national, international nursing, and professional organizations.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's of Science and Master's Degree in Nursing, and a Ph.D. or doctorate equivalent in an area specialization and from an accredited institution.
- Experience in teaching, including clinical practice teaching.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and service in nursing education and practice.
- Demonstrated past performance in the scholarship of nursing, including and not limited to research, scientific manuscripts, grant writing, technology, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to working with students and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Required Licensure and/or Certification:
- Current licensure or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.
Job Posting Close Date:
- Until Filled
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Houston-TX/Assistant-Professor_R-064694?workerSubType=0e1cd8ed3502012ddf607157e74b7d04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020103f9b47257e74b7f04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed350201da3af87057e74b7c04&workerSubType=0e1cd8ed35020108df607157e74b7e04
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-179117e722fe8b4781fd67b097e078fa
About Prairie View A&M University
Prairie View A&M University is a part of the Texas A&M University System and the second oldest institution in the state of Texas. The campus is located approximately 40 miles northwest of downtown Houston. Prairie View A&M University is committed to excellence through teaching, research and service since 1876.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University