Position Title: Associate Dean of the School of Nursing & Health Professions
- Provides visionary leadership and strategic planning to support student success in quality nursing and health career programs.
- Facilitates the development of inter-professional practice in collaboration with nursing and health professions faculty, staff, program committees, and students.
- Positively impact enrollment by ensuring programs address the needs of students and future employers through collaboration across all healthcare disciplines/programs to meet employment and workforce development needs.
- Serves as nursing program administrator providing oversight with the BSN, RN-BSN, and MSN program coordinators, faculty, and staff in alignment with current regulatory, accreditation, professional practice standards, and university policy.
- Facilitates the planning, development, administration, evaluation, and continuous improvement of nursing programs, including meeting regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assesses and manages financial resources with faculty/staff input through effective budget planning, and oversight to support programs of high quality.
- Sustain and expand collaborative partnerships with regional health care providers, nursing leaders, and other health care industry partners.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and evaluate faculty and staff.
- Participates in the College of Science and Health Chair's and Provost's All Academic Chair's meetings.
- Ensures quality compliance by overseeing accreditation efforts for the School of Nursing & Health Professions.
- Select teaching of undergraduate or graduate courses dependent upon department needs.
- Performs any additional tasks/duties as requested by Dean or Provost.
- Possess knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations governing nursing and health care programs.
- Academic values, needs, demands, and vision
- Effective oral and written communication
- Scheduling, planning
- Organizational and Program/Project Management Skills
- Mentoring ability
- Budget and resource management
- Situational awareness
- Building community partnerships
- Ability to confidently teach and present in public forums
- Clearly understands curriculum design, pedagogy, and outcomes assessment
- Current, or eligible to secure active licensure to practice professional nursing in Missouri; the candidate's license to practice professional nursing has never been disciplined in any jurisdiction.
- Five years of clinical nursing experience.
- Doctorate in nursing or related field, graduate degree in nursing with a clinical component in either the bachelor's or master's degree program.
- Five years of relevant leadership and teaching experience in academic, clinical, or health care programs to successfully perform the essential duties.
- Interprofessional practice experience
- Experience with accreditation processes
Hours of Work
About Missouri Western State University
Missouri Western State University is a comprehensive, state-supported institution serving more than 5,000 students on a beautiful 744-acre campus about 45 minutes north of Kansas City. Missouri Western is an active partner in the educational, economic, cultural, and social development of the people and region it serves. A distinct focus on applied learning and applied research is a hallmark of the innovative teaching and learning environment.
At Missouri Western, Griffons Succeed!
Missouri Western State University has a proud tradition of providing a high quality, affordable education to students in the state of Missouri and beyond. We are a four-year, state-supported institution providing a variety of degree programs and offering professional master’s degrees, four-year baccalaureate degrees, two-year associate degrees, pre-professional transfer programs and one-year certificates. In addition, the University offers seminars, conferences and workshops suited to the needs of the community.
Students come from throughout the United States and more than 25 countries. And our alumni live and work around the world. From its humble beginnings in 1915, Missouri Western continues to deepen its impact on the community, region, nation and world.
Missouri Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States. HLC accredits institutions of higher education in 19 states and has approximately 1,000 member institutions.
Accreditation supports our ongoing focus on institutional improvement, ensures that we remain accountable to our constituencies, and provides us with a broad framework for action as we work to achieve our mission.
Missouri Western’s accreditation was reaffirmed on January 24, 2017 and participates in the Open Pathway. We value the insights provided through the accreditation process and seek to use this information to strengthen our institution.
Missouri Western is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA), which provides a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. When states join SARA, they agree to follow uniform processes for approving their eligible institutions’ participation. They also agree to deal with other states’ SARA institutions in a common way when those institutions carry out activities in SARA states other than their own. For a list of schools holding NC-SARA membership, please click here.
Specialized accreditations include:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB International
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- Council on Social Work Education
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science
- National Association of Schools of Music
When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .