Posting Number: F00590
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
Department: 1803-College of Graduate Nursing
Function: College of Graduate Nursing
Classification Series Title:
Classification Pay Scale
In compliance with SB 1162, Western University of Health Sciences is providing a pay scale for this position. The pay scale reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, the individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and work location. Please note that the compensation details listed reflects the base salary only.
Full Salary Range
Expected Pay Scale
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Clinical Advisor for the College of Graduate Nursing for students in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Program. This position reports to the Program Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Expertise and knowledge of entry level nursing and advanced practice of nursing.
2. Knowledge of basic and advanced clinical skills required of nurses in multiple settings.
3. Maintain accurate records and clear reports of clinical performance of students.
4. Ability to communicate with a variety of health professionals that contribute to the clinical/didactic education of nursing students.
5. Work effectively with colleagues, staff and administration to advance the mission of the institution.
6. Proficient in software applications including but not limited to MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams as well as video communications (i.e. Zoom) and internet and database applications. Knowledgeable of learning management systems (i.e. Canvas).
1. EDUCATION: Must possess a Master of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution; doctoral degree desirable but not required.
2. LICENSURE: Must possess a current and valid RN license and PMHNP Certification.
3. EXPERIENCE: One year PMHNP experience required. Two years teaching experience in nursing education preferred.
Posting Date: 05/02/2023
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants
Essential Job Duties
Percentage Of Time
Percentage Of Time
Percentage Of Time
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is typically low to moderate.
To apply, visit https://jobs.westernu.edu/postings/26173
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
About Western University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences, located in Pomona, CA and Lebanon, OR, is an independent nonprofit health professions university, conferring degrees in dental medicine, health sciences, medical sciences, nursing, optometry, osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, podiatric medicine and veterinary medicine. WesternU is home to WesternU Health, where the best in collaborative health care services is offered and WesternU Pet Health, where we enhance and prolong the loving relationship between families and their pets.
For over 45 years, WesternU has prepared health care professionals for long-term career success. Our educational approach is centered around humanistic values, so that our graduates treat every patient as the unique individual they are. WesternU also is one of the largest graduate schools for the health sciences in California and our Alumni rank among the top leaders in health care and medicine throughout the country and the world.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at Western University of Health Sciences. When inquiring or applying for jobs at Western University of Health Sciences, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Western University of Health Sciences and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Western University of Health Sciences are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Western University of Health Sciences.