Walsh University Byers School of Nursing seeks an innovative Nurse Educator to join the successful and highly respected Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program as a Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor. The candidate must have current clinical experience in Maternal Child Nursing. Teaching experience preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares and provides learner-centered instruction of undergraduate nursing students in the junior level maternal child nursing course and other undergraduate nursing courses as assigned. May be face-to-face, online, clinical instruction and/or simulation.
- Academic advising of undergraduate nursing students
- Initiates and maintains professional development that encompasses the discipline of nursing and teaching effectiveness
- Participates in CCNE accreditation and OBN approval processes
- Maintains active participation in scholarly activity and service to the university and community
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Must understand and support the Mission, Vision and Code of Ethical Conduct of Walsh University, as a Catholic higher education university as expressed in Ex Corde Ecclesiae, and possess the following:
Education: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree required. A doctoral degree (PhD or DNP) or currently enrolled in a doctoral program is preferred.
Work Experience: 5 years RN experience
Skills and abilities:
- Strong clinical background and proficiency of maternal-child nursing skills
- Knowledge of educational processes including curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, and teaching strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Integrity and initiative
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with charity towards students, staff and faculty. Positive attitude a must.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
The physical demands of this position are consistent with the demands of someone working as a nurse in the field. These include, but are not limited to:
- Standing for extended periods of time, lifting, moving, and manipulating patients and equipment, and quickly responding to emergency situations.
- Activity managing students in the clinical area will vary with the clinical site as will the type of patient care to be provided.
- Use hands to operate computer keyboard, telephone, and other basic office equipment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and use a phone.
- Reading, writing, calculating, social interaction, strong organizational skills, reasoning/analysis, and ability to work with minimal supervision, high degree of problem solving and high level of interpersonal skills is required.
- Some travel, by vehicle, may be required to other locations. Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment.
Applicants must submit a completed online application and any additional documents requested by the search/interview committee. This includes
- Cover Letter
- Official Transcripts (All Higher Ed. Degrees)
- Three letters of recommendation
About Walsh University
Walsh University is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and passionate individual who is enthusiastic about the environment found on a private, values based, Catholic liberal arts campus. Walsh University believes in the desirability of a small university that promotes academic excellence, a diverse community and close student-teacher interactions. A commitment to the Judeo Christian tradition, diversity and service learning are critical to the mission of Walsh University. Walsh University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer.