FLSA Status: Exempt (salary)
Date Job is Available: Immediate Opening
Position Type: non-Tenure Track
- Teaching responsibilities: teach/serve as course director for PAS courses in accordance with the BCHS/PAS faculty roles and responsibilities. Responsibilities also include the design and implementation of course content that is in alignment with expected student learning outcomes for the PAS curriculum, participating in Return to Campus Days, simulation/skills activities, and OSCEs.
- Service responsibilities: provide service to university, college, and department committees. Department service commitments will include Capstone advising/mentoring and student remediation.
- Scholarship responsibilities: develop a scholarship plan in accordance with criteria described in the BCHS Roles and Responsibilities document in accordance with rank. This is for those who wish to be in the clinical faculty track.
- Student admissions activities
- Assistance in clinical preceptor/site recruitment, development, and retention of students
- ARC-PA accreditation processes and university assessment
- Commit to working with diverse student and community populations while building a culturally diverse and inclusive educational environment.
- Graduation from an accredited PA Program, NP Program, or Medical School.
- Current Illinois PA licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Illinois
- Certification in accordance with discipline accrediting body
- Experience as a practicing PA, NP, MD, or DO
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Three years of clinical experience
- Experience in the classroom, clinical teaching, or serving as a preceptor to healthcare professionals.
- Highly motivated, team player with a strong work ethic, and possesses a high level of collaborative competencies.
About Dominican University
Dominican University is a Catholic, comprehensive teaching university located in River Forest, a suburb of Chicago. Dominican University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as a baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degree-granting institution. It is highly regarded for its academic rigor and thoughtful accompaniment of students, its intentional affordability and values-based, relationship-centered learning environment.
Dominican currently enrolls over 3,300 students, which includes 2,280 undergraduates and 1,027 graduate students. Sixty-eight percent (68%) of our undergraduate students identify as Latinx, 5% are Black or African American, and 3% are Asian. Under-represented minority students, make up 77% of the DU undergraduate enrollment and 38% of the graduate enrollment. Over 90 percent of undergraduates receive some type of financial aid. Nearly half of all undergraduates are first-generation college students; over half are federal Pell Grant recipients, illustrating their families’ level of income; and 58% are eligible for low-income MAP grants from the State of Illinois.
Recognized since 2011 as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), a federal designation of the U.S. Department of Education, Dominican is committed to expanding and enhancing educational opportunities for Latinx students and all students from historically underrepresented groups.
Dominican University offers career opportunities in a variety of areas within our academic colleges and administrative departments. Employment at Dominican University includes the opportunity to interact with students and collaborate with faculty and administrators on a daily basis.
Dominican University employs individuals in a broad range of professions and positions. The university seeks talent at all career stages—entry, professional and managerial.
To see additional information about our job opening(s) or to apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of our job posting.
Jobs at Dominican University. When inquiring or applying for jobs at Dominican University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Dominican University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dominican University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Dominican University.