By promoting the philosophies, objectives, and learning outcomes of MaineHealth and the Maine Nursing Programs, the CNE-F will foster and maintain strong relationships within the clinical practice settings. In this role, the CNE-F will provide opportunities for students to meet the student learning outcomes (SLOs) through provisions of assigned clinical instruction and student assessment and evaluation.
The Clinical Nurse Educator-Faculty will assist by providing feedback for undergraduate Nursing program curriculum development, and assist with the implementation of the systematic clinical evaluation plans set forth by the undergraduate Nursing programs.
The goal of the Clinical Nurse Educator-Faculty will be to facilitate clinical learning opportunities for nursing students, to achieve learning outcomes necessary to fulfill the academic Nursing program requirements, and be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination.
This position requires schedule flexibility and could require day, evening and weekend commitments based on school/unit availability. Schedules will be predetermined per school Semester.
Travel requirements include the following: Brunswick, Westbrook, Portland, Biddeford, Sanford, York and North Conway, NH.
- Education: Comprehensive knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice, research, education, and nursing professional development acquired through a Master’s degree in Nursing Program or a BSN degree matriculating into a Master’s degree program upon hire.
- License/Certifications: Hold a current license, in good standing, to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine. Certification in Nursing Education and/or Nursing Professional Development preferred. Be current in Healthcare Provider CPR (within the last two years and to be renewed every two years).
- Experience: Demonstrated clinical experience in direct patient care, as normally acquired through a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience, and meets all the care delivery expectations of the expert clinical nurse within their clinical setting. Experience in classroom and clinical teaching associated with specialty specific setting is preferred. Experience as a clinical instructor for nursing students, is preferred.
- Expertise in the application of teaching and utilizing learning methodologies related to progressive developmental levels in nursing practice. Experience with simulation techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of educational development and design in order to assist in the planning, development, and implementation of educational opportunities for nursing students (in the form of a variety of clinical practice setting experiences).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in other departments, disciplines, and roles. Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://www.careersatmainehealth.org/jobs/1189200-clinical-nurse-educator-rn-faculty
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
Our location in beautiful Portland is a great reason to join us. Our city has been recognized numerous times as a metropolitan hub that features award-winning gourmet dining, diverse cultural activities and a variety of sporting attractions. The city itself is located on a peninsula in Casco Bay. Here, you will find a wealth of activities, and the mountains of western Maine are just 45 minutes away by car. So whether your preference is hiking or skiing; biking or walking; sunbathing or sailing – or even doing nothing at all – you don't have far to go to find it in Portland. If you like to explore larger cities, Boston is less than a 2-hour drive away.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” It consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed providers working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 employees, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. It includes Franklin Memorial Hospital/Franklin Community Health Network in Farmington, LincolnHealth in Damariscotta and Boothbay Harbor, Maine Behavioral Healthcare in South Portland, MaineHealth Care at Home in Saco, Maine Medical Center in Portland, Memorial Hospital in North Conway, N.H., Mid Coast-Parkview Health in Brunswick, NorDx in Scarborough, Pen Bay Medical Center and Waldo County General Hospital in Rockport and Belfast, Southern Maine Health Care in Biddeford and Sanford, Spring Harbor Hospital in Westbrook and Stephens Memorial Hospital/Western Maine Health Care in Norway. MaineHealth Affiliates include Maine General Health in Augusta and Waterville, New England Rehabilitation Hospital in Portland and St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston. It is also a significant stakeholder in the MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization in Portland.