- Demonstrating leadership in assessment and academic planning, while utilizing data analytics for decision making;
- Developing credit and non-credit curriculum via collaboration with faculty on the analysis of needs and delivery of programs and courses including continuing education;
- Overseeing health profession programs including successful accreditation;
- Hiring, supervising, mentoring, evaluating, and fostering professional development for both faculty and staff, and assisting faculty with the promotion and tenure process;
- Overseeing scheduling development by determining student demand for classes and assigning faculty to classes;
- Developing and allocating budgets (both credit and non-credit); and maintaining and managing instructional facilities including classrooms, technology, and learning labs, equipment and supplies, and auxiliary enterprises;
- Promoting the use and development of instructional methodologies including current technology and delivery modes;
- Advocating for students, including processing academic appeals and complaints;
- Supporting student success by recruiting and advising students in programs and promoting proactive retention strategies and interventions;
- Implementing College policies and practices related to faculty, staff, students, and community members;
- Monitoring safety and security risks for students and employees;
- Serving as a liaison to local health care professionals and organizations;
- Developing and maintaining memorandums of understanding (MOUs) and articulation agreements;
- Chairing ad hoc committees, serving on College committees and participating in community outreach and development activities;
- Performing other duties as assigned, including partnership creation and grantsmanship.
About Harford Community College
Harford Community College has served as an anchor institution in Harford County since its inception in 1957. We are a mid-sized, comprehensive college committed to serving our community through high caliber educational offerings and cultural events.
HCC’s mission of “Grow. Achieve. Inspire. Contribute.” and our vision of continuously striving for satisfaction, completion, and success throughout the College community is demonstrated by our shared organizational values of Agency, Equity and Inclusion, Communication and Collaboration, Respect, and Innovation. Harford Community College is an Achieving the Dream institution, joining a network of higher education institutions and partners to enhance community college student opportunity, access, and success.
Our beautiful, 352-acre campus is conveniently located near Baltimore, MD; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; and Wilmington, DE. We offer more than 80 affordable degree and certificate programs to nearly 2,000 full-time and 7,500 part-time students, as well as a wide variety of noncredit continuing education courses to nearly 11,000 students per year.
When inquiring or applying for positions within Harford Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Harford Community College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Harford Community College.