The Dean of Nursing and Allied Health is responsible for managing and administering the overall organization of multiple departments/programs within the Division of Nursing and Allied Health, including programs/courses in Nursing (RN, LPN), Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Assisting, Phlebotomy Technology, Radiological Technology, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology, and Health Information Management.
- Coordinates assigned activities with department heads and program directors. Provides assigned instructional and other support services for students. Provides leadership in developing, implementing, and maintaining curriculum and programs that respond to community needs, prepare students for success, and which meet the external requirements of the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and Allied Health Accreditation Agencies.
- Assists in the implementation of the College’s Strategic Plan in accordance with their provisions. Confers with and provides assistance and advice to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, and develops, prepares, and presents recommendations and reports as requested. Builds and manages the division budget consistent with FDTC policy and procedures.
- Carry out overall day-to-day operational supervision of staff. Oversees the recruitment, hiring, supervision, training, motivation, and evaluation of all assigned program staff and faculty in cooperation with the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Oversees screening and advisory committees and recommends full-time faculty/staff appointments. Evaluates established performance objectives and performance reviews, and implements college personnel policies and procedures for assigned staff.
- Participates in the development and expansion of course and program offerings for the Nursing and Allied Health Division. Assists faculty in the acquisition of educational materials for the division. Increases and develops articulation agreements with four-year institutions with special emphasis on Nursing and Allied Health related fields. Oversees the development of semester course offerings, schedules, and teaching assignments. Provides leadership in program and classroom assessment.
- Oversight management of counsels, advises students, and staff; suggests appropriate courses of action; and coordinates grievances. Organizes appropriate resolution process for student, faculty, or staff complaints.
- Participate in community activities and professional development. Motivates and encourages faculty to participate in professional development. Serves as an advocate for Nursing and Allied Health faculty and programs. Participates in all appropriate accreditation, institutional effectiveness, and professional development endeavors. Serves on Standing and Ad Hoc Committees as needed.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to diversity and works continually to enhance diversity of the Division’s students, faculty, and staff in accordance with FDTC's DE&I policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by VP Academic Affairs.
About Florence-Darlington Technical College
Florence-Darlington Technical College transforms diverse lives through excellence and innovation in education.
Florence-Darlington Technical College provides a regional student-centered experience through technical education, workforce development training, and economic development activities.
Florence-Darlington Technical College strives to support its mission and achieve its vision through the following core values:
- Excellence - We foster excellent, high-quality education, training, and services for students, customers, and community and we support our employees so they may reach their full potential.
- Innovation - We champion efficient, customized technology-based training and solutions tailored to meet the needs of the workforce and to promote student success.
- Teaching and Learning - We offer a variety of accessible education options to include customer-oriented learning environments emphasizing certifications, work experience credit, competency-based outcomes, and self-paced individualized instruction. We endeavor to assess and maintain our programs to be relevant and high quality.
- Workforce Development - We strive to build and expand partnerships within the community, to include alumni, corporations, foundations and friends, in order to furnish products and services that transform lives and enrich experiences.
- Accountability - We adhere to fairness, honesty and integrity so that the college can achieve its goals in a responsible and efficient manner.