Current Dallas College employees will need to log into Workday through My Apps to apply. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions and submit your application.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date. To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Weekly Work Hours
Faculty Range F01
United States of America (Exempt)
Faculty Range F01
Faculty Range F02
Faculty Range F03
Faculty Range F04
Faculty in Dallas College are expected to perform the duties enumerated in the formal Job Description; to fulfill their responsibilities in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Dallas College Board of Trustees and outlined in the Dallas College Board Policy Manual; and to comply with both state and federal policy.
$15,000 annual market disparity stipend
Student success is our number 1 goal. Dallas College provides nursing faculty with the tools they need to actively develop the critical and clinical judgement skills in the nursing students. We offer a CNE prep course, continuing nursing education programs with contact hours and simulation training with possible certification
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· The Dallas College System seeks faculty who strive for excellence, are committed to continuous student learning, and demonstrate passion and skill in effective teaching and learning facilitation.
· Such faculty are competent in their discipline and innovative in their approach to learning, and they are committed to personal growth and the on-going assessment and evaluation of their teaching.
· They demonstrate a commitment to the mission and philosophy of the community college and to working effectively with diverse populations.
· They are committed to effective communication with others and fostering an atmosphere of collegiality.
· Finally, they demonstrate and promote high ethical standards and academic honesty.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
· Master’s degree or higher in the teaching discipline or Master’s degree or higher with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline). Must have a Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN).
· Unencumbered RN license in the State of Texas
· Three (3) years of experience as a nurse.
· Official transcript will be required.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Experience teaching in Med/Surg, Pediatrics, OB and/or Mental Health nursing preferred.
Teaching and Learning
· Teach students in assigned classes in accordance with course descriptions and/or learning outcomes, the course syllabus, and institutional policies and procedures
· Provide students with a syllabus that includes required institutional policies, course objectives, materials, and methods of evaluation
· Provide a workload schedule showing teaching and office hours
· Certify student attendance in classes by the established deadlines
· Maintain accurate and complete course records
· Submit final grades by the established deadlines
· Communicate with and provide feedback to students in a timely fashion
· Develop course curriculum and instructional materials (individually or collaboratively)
· Use knowledge of diverse communities and skill sets to diversify teaching methods and delivery of content in instruction
· Provide effective instruction to facilitate student learning in all classes taught
· Evaluate and assess student learning on a regular basis in all classes taught
· Participate in assessment activities at course, department, college, and district levels to assist students in achieving designated course objectives or learning outcomes
· Use appropriate technologies to enhance classroom or online instruction and to achieve established course objectives or learning outcomes
· Regularly evaluate teaching methods and use data to continually improve instructional strategies
· Support the mission and goals of the college and the strategic priorities of the Board
· Serve on departmental, college, and/or district committees
· Attend scheduled discipline, department, division, and college meetings
· Participate in the review of curricula and selection of instructional materials within the discipline or department
· Participate in required program reviews and the achievement of departmental goals
· Comply with all required college-level and program-level accreditation standards
· Discuss program, career, or transfer options and other college services with students to support informed academic decisions
· Attend required assembly/convocation and commencement/graduation ceremonies
· Perform other duties mutually agreed upon in consultation with supervisor
· Maintain knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic discipline or workforce field
· Maintain any required professional certification or licensure in the appropriate academic or technical discipline, where appropriate
· Remain current with technological and pedagogical advances that promote continuous improvement of student learning
· Participate in a variety of professional development activities
· Participate in one's own performance review and evaluation
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
September 29, 2023
About Dallas College
Dallas College originally operated as a district of seven independently accredited colleges. In 2020, those colleges united under a single name in order to offer our students a more streamlined, more convenient experience. The seven original campuses live on as our primary locations.
- Bill J. Priest Center
- Construction Sciences Center
- Coppell Center
- Culinary, Pastry and Hospitality Center
- Dental Hygiene Center
- Downtown Design Center
- Downtown Health Sciences Center
- Garland Center
- Irving Center
- Pleasant Grove Center
- West Dallas Center
When inquiring or applying for positions within Dallas College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dallas College are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Dallas College.