Nursing Professor – Medical/Surgical
Salary: $83,977.00 – $110,717.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-time Faculty – Tenure-Track
Job Number: 6300-f-1/24
Closing: 3/8/2024 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia/Tulare/Hanford, CA
Department: Nursing & Allied Health
Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. Sequoias Community College District provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career, and technical programs for our students. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, who are dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, and who have a passion for student success.
Sequoias Community College District is seeking qualified and equity-minded candidates to fill three (3) full-time, tenure-track positions in the Nursing Department beginning August 2024.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and values candidates who have the ability to serve students from diverse academic, cultural, socioeconomic, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds, as well as those students who have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Sequoias Community College District seeks to promote and maintain an environment which is built on mutual respect and free from discrimination by employing faculty members who are equity-minded, collegial, and guided by their dedication to helping students achieve their educational goals. Ideal candidates will share the Sequoias Community College Districts' commitment to be knowledgeable about and implement equitable learning and teaching methods appropriate to serve students from all backgrounds, demographics and experiences.
Nursing Professors will provide classroom instruction in accordance with established course outlines while using comparative cross-cultural, multidisciplinary perspectives.
Teaching assignment will include instruction of pre-licensure nursing students in both the classroom and the clinical setting.
Additionally, Nursing Professors will:
- Serve as a nursing role model for students by remaining current in nursing skills and knowledge and maintaining a professional approach, interpersonal relationships and legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Preparare and deliver theory materials that demonstrates knowledge of subject matter, relationship to course objectives, effectiveness measured by, but not limited to, student testing and evaluation, and understanding of and commitment to principles of adult learning.
- Instruct and supervise students in the clinical setting (hospital or skills lab) demonstrating knowledge and competence in clinical practice, utilization of curriculum objectives in planning student assignments, clinical practice that is in harmony with the clinical facilities policies and procedures and facilitates quality patient care, optimum student learning and harmonious College-hospital relationships.
Assignments may include evening classes and teaching at any of the Sequoias Community College: Visalia, Hanford and/or Tulare. Participation in the governance of the Sequoias Community College District by way of committee assignments is encouraged.
Other responsibilities include maintenance of office hours, participation in departmental responsibilities, and the willingness to create and participate in and sustain an atmosphere of equity, which is respectful of diversity District wide.
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Master's in nursing AND
- Meet Minimum qualifications of the California Board of Registered Nursing as stated in the Nurse Practice Act; § 1425 (c): AND
- One-year continuous, direct patient care experience in an acute care setting within the previous five (5) years in the Medical-Surgical area of nursing; or one (1) academic year as a registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the Medical-Surgical area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency AND
- Copy of current, valid California RN license AND
- Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students which pursuant to Title 5 §53022 is a core system competency and job requirement.
The Hiring Committee also seeks evidence of the following:
- Successful experience teaching students of ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Teaching experience in a clinical setting with associate degree Registered Nursing students.
- Commitment to developing and updating instructional activities, course syllabi, course outlines and other necessary material.
- Evidence of the ability to use a variety of teaching strategies and assessment methods that encourage retention while successfully challenging a diverse student population.
- Ability to incorporate student learning outcomes objectives within course and program and willingness to develop and use stated objectives and measures.
To be considered, applicants must submit ALL of the following required materials before or by the filing deadline:
- Completed online application.
- Equity Narrative (included in the online application)
- Letter of interest which addresses why you are qualified for this position. In this letter we invite applicants to expand on strengths not covered in other parts of the application.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of college/university work. Official transcripts are required upon employment. Note: Applicants who have completed college or university course work at an institution outside of the United States that is not a post-secondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the US Department of Education or the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents by either NACES or AICE.
For questions regarding this position, please contact John Bratsch at firstname.lastname@example.org or (559) 730-3830.
Sequoias Community College District is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to prohibiting unlawful discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age (40 and above), religious creed, religion, political belief or affiliation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, mental or physical disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, childbirth, breastfeeding/lactation status, medical condition, military and veteran status, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
College of the Sequoias does not sponsor H-1B Visas
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About College of the Sequoias
College of the Sequoias is a two-year California community college offering educational and enrichment programs for the residents of its district in Tulare and Kings counties. The college was established in 1926 and moved to its current 62-acre main campus in Visalia in 1940.
In addition to the campus in Visalia, COS operates a full-service center in Hanford that is also home to the college's police and fire academies.
The Sequoias District opened The Tulare College Center in January 2013. It is a full-service college center and the home of COS' agriculture programs.
To Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Jobs at the College of the Sequoias.
When inquiring or applying for job openings at the College of the Sequoias, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with the College of the Sequoias and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the College of the Sequoias are posted, please sign up for new job openings at the College of the Sequoias.