Assistant Director, Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center
The Simulation and Clinical Practice Center Associate of the Patricia H. Garman School of Nursing is a per diem position reporting to the Assistant Director of Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center. Associates are responsible for contributing and maintaining the Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center to provide a facilitative teaching/learning environment for students in the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center Associates contribute to the ability of the School of Nursing programs to provide quality state-of-the art educational programs.
Assistant Director, Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center
Work Study Student(s), Graduate Assistant(s)
Director of Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center, D’Youville College Director of Interprofessional Simulation (Health Professions HUB); Assistant Deans for Graduate and Undergraduate Programs; Faculty Simulation Liaison; Program Directors; Course/Clinical Coordinators
- Facilitates activities in the Clinical Practice Center as requested by the Nursing Simulation and
- Clinical Practice Director and Assistant Director.
- Prepare materials as needed for lab classes, practices, and testing.
- Maintain needed supplies for lab, and submit order requests to the Assistant Director as needed
- Assign duties to work study students and graduate assistances in the Clinical Practice Center.
- Collaborates with faculty to implement Clinical Practice Center activities to augment learning in clinical courses.
- Consults with clinical coordinators/faculty about supplies, equipment, AV, and computer materials needed to support instruction.
- Monitors maintenance and repair of equipment, supplies, laundry etc.
- Supervises open lab periods assisting students with guided practice.
- Assures quality and integrity of academic learning, course curricula, services and operations according to best practices.
- Assists with the preparation of the simulation labs for specific simulations, and anticipate the needs of the faculty and students.
- Assists in the review and update of simulation scenarios for accuracy and consistency with curriculum needs.
- Attend continuing education events related to nursing simulation
- Implements policies and procedures to support the use and efficiency of the Nursing Simulation and Clinical Practice Center.
- Maintain the instruments used in the Clinical Practice Center, making simple repairs as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an institutionally accredited college or university
- Unrestricted New York Licensure to practice as a registered nurse, BLS Certification Required
- Two years’ experience in professional nursing practice
- BLS Certification
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an institutionally accredited college or university;
- Experience in supervising undergraduate nursing students in higher education or preceptor in healthcare organization
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator through the Society for Simulation in Healthcare
About the Institution:
D’Youville is a highly regarded private university and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. All job offers are contingent upon legal authorization to be employed in NYS as determined by NYS DOL. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyc.edu/
About D'Youville College
About D’Youville College
Founded in 1908, D’Youville College is an MSCHE-accredited, independent Catholic college located in the city of Buffalo, New York. D’Youville offers its 3,000 students preeminent education in undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs in allied health professions, education, business, and liberal arts.
D’Youville’s success is built on the commitment that our students learn how to think critically, work with others, be leaders, and communicate effectively – all skills employers look for in the people they hire. D’Youville is an exceptionally collegial and exciting place to work and learn. Its motivating plan for the future and expanded outreach to the region, state, nation and global community provide wonderful opportunities.
D’Youville is situated in the Prospect Park/Lower West Side neighborhood, one of Buffalo’s most diverse and historic neighborhoods with fine examples of residential architecture from the last hundred years. The city is in the midst of a remarkable transformation, including a redeveloped waterfront and revitalized neighborhoods. Buffalo is home to several Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, Frederick Law Olmstead parks, and of course, the chicken wing!
Join us, and be a part of Buffalo’s renaissance.
When inquiring or applying for positions at D’Youville College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at D’Youville College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at D’Youville College.