Weekly Work Hours
Staff Range N07
United States of America (Exempt)
Nursing Simulation Specialist is designed to promote and ensure effective learning outcome opportunities for the nursing student. Designs, plans, implements and evaluates simulation experiences and scenarios for nursing students based on the course objectives and program outcomes of the Dallas College Nursing Program. Provides simulation expertise, direction and guidance to nursing faculty, staff and students in planning, implementing, and evaluating simulation experiences to meet the needs of nursing students at all levels of the Dallas College Nursing Program.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledgeable about various nursing skills courses and understand the purpose and safety associated with each skill and simulation modality.
• Must be knowledgeable of evidenced-based practice, best practices in simulation, equipment and supplies used in the Nursing Skills and Simulation Laboratories.
• Must have a working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office applications.
• Highly organized and detail oriented as well as creative and imaginative thinking.
• Understands the use and operation of different simulator technologies ranging from partial task trainers to high fidelity simulators.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s in Science of Nursing (MSN) required with two (2) years or more experience in Skills/Simulation Lab setting.
• Must have two (2) years or more in acute care setting experience (i.e. med/surg, pediatrics, ICU, etc.).
• Registered Nurse (RN) with unencumbered License to practice in Texas
• Current CPR (American Heart Association)
• Strong simulation experience desired
• Official transcripts will be required.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides simulation expertise, direction, and guidance to assist Dallas College Nursing Program faculty, staff and students in performing simulation exercises and scenarios based on course objectives and student learning outcomes.
• Develop and maintain professional working relationship with Skills Lab Specialist, Faculty and Staff.
• Works with faculty and staff to coordinate simulation activities and personnel involved in assigned nursing courses using simulation.
• Works collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement simulation activities by providing student and faculty orientation, operation and management of simulators and equipment, performing ongoing support through set up, reset, moulage, and resupplying simulation activities as directed and needed.
• Operates effectively in a team environment, making sure that all simulation activities have operational support and being flexible with scheduling and reassignment of hours and responsibilities as needed.
• Seeks out best practices in simulation-based instruction, including effective debriefing techniques, and assists and trains Nursing in implementation of best practices in simulation.
• Researches best clinical practices and advises faculty on implementation, including simulation scenario creation and equipment requirements.
• Stays current with technological and industry advances and makes recommendations for advanced technology / equipment purchases in order to provide high quality simulation services that enhance student learning and impact patient safety and quality of patient care.
• Performs various duties to support testing and research.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
June 30, 2023
About Dallas College
Dallas College originally operated as a district of seven independently accredited colleges. In 2020, those colleges united under a single name in order to offer our students a more streamlined, more convenient experience. The seven original campuses live on as our primary locations.
- Bill J. Priest Center
- Construction Sciences Center
- Coppell Center
- Culinary, Pastry and Hospitality Center
- Dental Hygiene Center
- Downtown Design Center
- Downtown Health Sciences Center
- Garland Center
- Irving Center
- Pleasant Grove Center
- West Dallas Center
When inquiring or applying for positions within Dallas College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Dallas College are posted, job seekers please sign up at new job openings at Dallas College.