Assistant/Associate Professor, Nursing
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The University of
the Pacific, School of Health Sciences is seeking to hire masters' and doctorally prepared registered nurses to join the ELMSN program and
fill a clinical/academic non-tenure-track position at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank (depending on qualifications and academic
Duties will include:
- Teaching Nursing curriculum content in both didactic and clinical settings .
- Advising students.
- Other responsibilities may include contacting clinical agencies, orienting and evaluating part-time faculty
- Demonstrate effective teaching.
- Participate in interprofessional collaboration.
Service to the University are required for retention, promotion, and tenure. This is a three year contracted
appointment. Position includes use of support for research, professional development, and scholarly activities.
- MSN in Nursing or related field.
- A current, active, and unencumbered California RN License.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a nurse within the last five (5) years.
- Eligible for approval as a BRN approved
faculty by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- A terminal degree in Nursing (PhD
or DNP, or EdD) with a Masters degree in
nursing or a related field. ABD candidates are encouraged to apply with the premise they will
finish their dissertation within two (2) years of appointment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of instructional experience teaching in
an academic setting.
- Knowledge and skills related to teaching nursing, teaching methodology, curriculum development, evaluations,
or willingness to plan for acquisition of these skills not later than the first year of teaching.
- BRN approval as a content
- Experience in using Canvas or other LMS.
- Expertise in simulation or other innovative teaching modalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching students from diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those
thatmust be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Schedule is dependent on the
course and department needs.
For first consideration, please apply on or before July 15,
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/23636
University of the Pacific is an
affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy,
Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff,
or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender
identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.