LOCATION: Wayland Baptist University (WBU) – New Braunfels Site
SUPERVISED BY: Dean,
School of Nursing
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: A full-time faculty member, the Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing is primarily
responsible for teaching courses in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program; if the professor has a Doctorate, some of their workload can
be fulfilled by teaching in the Master of Science in Nursing Program online.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
and teach 33 credit-hours of didactic and clinical nursing courses each academic year.
- Maintain a minimum of 10 office house/week;
be available to students outside of class and/or office hours if needed.
- Mentor and advise students in the Nursing Education
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and evaluation of a successful nursing curriculum.
- Attend meetings
and serve on University, Faculty, and School Committees; participate in graduations/pinnings and attend scheduled faculty and staff
- Participate and provide leadership in Professional Organizations and continue Professional Development in areas of
- Assume other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the School Dean or VPAA.
- Foster and
maintain partnerships with regional health care and social services organizations and agencies, civic groups, and academic institutions
across disciplines to promote the development of effective leaders, practitioners, and citizens to advance healthy living within our
- Promote relationships with alumni.
The above statements are not a complete list of all
responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the
A commitment to and an agreement with the purposes and philosophy of
Christian higher education as promoted by the Baptist General Convention of Texas in general and Wayland Baptist University in
- M.S.N. in Nursing is required.
- Doctorate is preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
Successful applicants will have the following experience or knowledge:
- Recent experience teaching nursing courses in a college or university setting.
- Preference will be given to applicants with one
or more of the following qualifications:
- a. additional coursework or experience in teaching nursing
- b. number
of years working as a nurse in the clinical arena
Skills and Abilities:
Successful applicants will
have the following skills and abilities:
- Fluency in the English language with excellent writing and speaking skills;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities with limited direct supervision;
- Proficiency with computers,
technology, and related educational/classroom equipment;
- A strong interest in teaching and leading in the growth and development of
- The ability and desire to apply Christian principles in the workplace.
- Endorsement by the Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Able to pass
Wayland Baptist University is a four-year liberal arts university.
The institution is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas/Texas Baptists. The Wayland Baptist University System is
comprised of the Plainview campus, which is predominately a residential campus, ten external campuses, and the WBUonline Campus offering
courses in a broad range of academic areas.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should follow the
application process outlined on the Wayland Baptist University employment website. This can be accessed directly by clicking the following
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present
documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs
Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a
dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver's license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver's
If requested, reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities for any part of the employment process in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic. Under
federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.