The College of Nursing (CoN) at Xavier University is seeking experienced, innovative, and highly motivated candidates for full-time, tenure-track faculty to teach in our high-quality undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. The CoN programs include BSN, second-degree accelerated MSN (MIDAS), MSN, FNP, and DNP programs. The successful candidates are expected to teach in one or more of our nursing programs depending on program need. Desired specialty areas for the BSN and MIDAS programs include one or more of the specialty areas such as pediatric, medical-surgical, community health, psych-mental health and/or critical care. Candidates with expertise in more than one specialty area are highly desirable. Candidates may also teach in our online MSN, FNP, and/or DNP graduate programs. Successful candidates are expected to provide teaching instructions in a classroom, online, lab/simulation, and/or clinical setting. The undergraduate and accelerated programs are traditional on-campus programs that expect the physical presence of faculty. The online graduate programs expect some physical on-campus presence.
The successful candidates will actively participate in the development and evaluation of curriculum, course content, clinical experiences, test construction, and assessment of students' learning; establishes effective coordinating relationships with co-workers and clinical agencies; participate in nursing scholarly work and professional development; participate in student academic advising and guidance; and participates in the faculty organization and appropriate program, college, and university activities and committees.
Desired clinical areas of expertise include adult health/medical-surgical nursing, psych-mental health, research, community health, FNP, and/or critical care. Candidates with expertise in more than one specialty area are highly desired. Candidates may have the opportunity to teach across multiple programs, including the MSN Education track, core MSN (e.g. theory, research, etc.), and others.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Ohio or be eligible to be licensed and practice in Ohio.
- A graduate degree in nursing from an accredited program is required
- A doctoral degree in nursing or a related field is preferred or has a plan for completing a doctoral program within 1 year.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience as a registered nurse in a specialty area.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience in an accredited program in a content-specialty area is preferred.
- Teaching experience in adult and graduate programs and online instruction is desired.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, methods of teaching, and evaluation are desired.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a strong commitment to working as part of a collaborative team.
Xavier University is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. Candidates who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Applications will begin to be reviewed on September 30, 2022, this position will remain open until filled. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In light of the strong commitment to diversity, Xavier seeks a broad spectrum of candidates for this position that includes women and minorities. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.