Assistant Professor – Nursing – Critical Care/Medical-Surgical
Southeast Missouri State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 202200143
Location: Cape Girardeau, MO
Assistant Professor – Critical Care / Medical-Surgical
Department of Nursing
College of Education, Health and Human Studies
- Face-to-face, blended, and/or online teaching and clinical supervision of pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), RN-BSN, and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) students with a focus on research and clinical practice with various populations in the critical care setting
- May teach and have clinical supervision of additional courses in the nursing curriculum
- Use of simulation and technology-based teaching/learning strategies
- Curricular assessment, revision, and evaluation
- Student recruitment, retention, and mentoring
- Ongoing scholarly activity
- Participation in committee work, public service, and professional organizations
- Doctorate or ABD (with degree completion by December 31, 2022) in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN); Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university
- Current, active Missouri RN (Registered nurses) license or eligibility for Missouri licensure
- Recent, within the last three years, nursing teaching experience in theory or clinical; faculty or preceptor
- Minimum three years recent clinical experience in nursing as faculty or staff
- Recent experience in critical care as faculty or staff
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with students, faculty, staff, and the community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended, and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention, and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline
Application Deadline: This position is available January 1, 2023. The review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position has been filled.
To Apply Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY button at the top of the page:
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements, which includes a statement addressing commitment to diversity in nursing care and teaching.
- Current curriculum vita
- Copy of current nursing license and applicable certification
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Departmental Information: The Department of Nursing includes 20 faculty members serving over 300 undergraduate and graduate students. Both the BSN and MSN programs are CCNE accredited. The department website may be accessed at http://www.semo.edu/nursing/
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with five colleges, approximately 10,000 students, and a faculty and staff of approximately 1,000. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 78,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
About Southeast Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive university, recognized for excellence in education, research, engagement, and creativity.
At Southeast Missouri State, we take pride in our will to do: the commitment and heart to find success, no matter what it takes. We give every student personal support that instills a strong sense of confidence and helps them exceed their potential. We offer groundbreaking academics that are comprehensive and dynamic. And because we anticipate the needs of the marketplace, we ensure that our students are ready to launch extraordinary careers.