The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Assoc Dean/Assoc Professor
A well-qualified candidate will be visionary, flexible, innovative and willing to lead and support a dynamic group of faculty, staff and students in the rural mountain west. The Associate Dean will serve a 12-month appointment acting as a liaison for the Dean of the School of Nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate Dean is responsible for internal leadership and administration, curriculum development, accreditation, student recruitment, admissions and progression, program evaluation, and faculty development. Moreover, the Associate Dean will teach in the graduate program, have an active program of research as well as a strong service perspective.
REMOTE WORK ELIGIBILITY:
This position provides vital support to campus customers and requires the successful candidate be available to work on campus.
- Doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited institution or Master's degree in nursing from an accredited institution with doctoral degree in related field.
- Record of teaching and scholarship to warrant tenure and appointment to Associate Professor/Professor rank.
- Evidence of leadership experience.
- History of experience in curriculum development, accreditation, and program evaluation
- Commitment to working in a culturally diverse environment and the ability to effectively work with students, employees, vendors and community members from diverse backgrounds.
- At least 2 years of experience practicing in nursing.
- Eligible for unencumbered RN licensure in Wyoming.
- Valid driver's license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as evidenced by a record of publications and presentations.
- Experience working with and recruiting a diverse body of students, faculty and staff.
- Interest in rural healthcare education and practice.
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. This position will remain open until filled. Complete applications received by 11/30/2022 will receive full consideration.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado's Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/