Miami Dade College, Medical Campus is now accepting applications for Department Chairperson, School of Health Sciences. The Department Chairperson provides academic leadership to various programs in the School of Health Sciences. This individual facilitates learning, quality teaching, scholarships, and services. The Department Chair serves as an integral member of the College and Campus administrative team. The Department Chairperson also provides support and advise in the collective bargaining process and ensures adherence to relevant areas of any collective bargaining agreement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the development and/or revision of curricula, and implements instructional programs
- Communicates with full-time and part-time faculty on curriculum and instruction matters and ensures ongoing development of staff
- Ensures that School of Health Sciences programs are in compliance with Florida Department of Education and Program Accreditation Body
- Secures additional resources to support the programs through grant-writing, partnerships, contributions, and sponsorships; maintains data to support systematic program evaluation
- Develops course schedules and faculty assignments
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates full and part-time personnel; provides training opportunities for employees
- Resolves issues and problems that may arise with faculty, staff, and students
- Devises and supervises student recruitment and retention efforts; ensures efficient and effective student advisement
- Prepares and maintains departmental budgets
- Manages labs, equipment, and other departmental resources
- Ensures the effective implementation of the faculty advancement processes
- Provides program information and ensures the availability of advisement services
- Teaches at least one course within the discipline per academic year
- Works closely with the Dean of the School of Health Sciences
- Serves on Campus and College-wide committees; participates in the development and implementation of College policies, procedures, and guidelines
About Miami Dade College
Miami Dade College is the largest, most diverse, and highly regarded college in the nation. We operate eight campuses with over 6,000 employees who educate over 164,000 students from around the world. The College offers over 300 programs of study and several degree options, including vocational, associate, and baccalaureate degrees. With such a large organization, our employment needs are very diverse. From full-time professional faculty to part-time adjunct faculty and support staff, the people who comprise the MDC workforce are the innovators who help the College maintain our reputation as one of the most highly regarded colleges in the country.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Miami Dade College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Miami Dade College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Miami Dade College are posted, sign up at new job openings at Miami Dade College.