Summary of Position's Responsibility:
- Work under direction of the Program and Clinical Coordinators, the On-Campus Clinical Instructor will work collaboratively in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating student tutoring, retention and success activities within the Nursing Program
- Instruct and evaluate students in the clinical laboratory including theory content and assist with campus lab simulation.
- Provide feedback to faculty in the Nursing Program related to student performance in the clinical laboratory and simulation activities.
- Provide remediation to students in the Nursing Program to enhance student learning.
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning in these domains: cognitive, psychomotor, and affective.
- Use existing evaluation tools for assessing clinical practice and educational outcomes.
- Evaluate available resources for learner assessment and evaluation.
- Implement evaluation strategies that are appropriate to the learner and learning outcomes.
- Use assessment and evaluation data to enhance the teaching-learning process.
- Advise learners regarding assessment and evaluation criteria.
- Provide timely, constructive, and thoughtful feedback to learners.
- Professional Development
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning.
- Use feedback gained from self, peers, learners, and administrative evaluation to improve role effectiveness.
- Model cultural sensitivity when advocating for change.
- Integrate a long term, innovative, and creative perspective into the academic nurse educator role.
- Support a culture for change within the Nursing Program.
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Why Work at BCCC?
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a crossroads of diverse peoples, of learning and work, and the multiplicity of stakeholders we serve: individuals, businesses, government and educational institutions of the community at large.
Our employees enjoy a collegial environment that is both challenging and welcoming. We stay innovative as we strive to be the leader in providing quality education that responds to and meets the needs of a diverse population of learners. Students come here to change their lives through education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Applications: Please apply online.
Explore this and other current employment opportunities at BCCC by visiting the search openings listed at Baltimore City Community College jobs
When inquiring or applying for this and other positions at Baltimore City Community College, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com