Operations & Program Coordinator, Nursing
Main Campus – Boston, MAMain Campus – Boston, MA
The Operations & Program Coordinator is a key member of the College of Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences (CNBHS) Operations team, with a focus on programs within the School of Nursing (SON). The SON is a complex part of CNBHS' portfolio, with large programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels in both on-ground and online modalities, and extensive operational needs. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations for Nursing, the Operations & Program Coordinator helps coordinate the day-to-day operational and administrative needs within the SON, implementing best practices to ensure efficiency and sustainability, as well as to advance excellence in the delivery of services to students, faculty, and staff.
The Operations & Program Coordinator will collaborate with program and college leadership to ensure program, student, and faculty information is current and well-maintained, and will help manage the daily operations workflow within the SON. The Coordinator works with a cross-functional team of professionals across all levels of the organization and thrives in a fast paced, data driven, and highly energized environment, while being very organized and demonstrating sound judgment.
- Develop and implement best practices for the SON for online and in-person events
- Attend all events in-person or online (if running 100% virtually)
- Collaborate with the CNBHS Operations team and other University offices (Events Management, Technology, Facilities, Catering, etc.) to execute online and in-person events such as, but not limited to:
- Town Halls & program-specific webinars
- University-wide Virtual Commencement Ceremonies
- Awards ceremonies, induction ceremonies, graduation celebrations and White Coat ceremonies
- Execute Graduate Nursing Immersion Programs
- Oversee all Immersion Programs, a key component of the graduate nursing MSN clinical curriculum, that occur approximately six times per year
- Oversee any related experiences as determined by program leadership, such as DNP Immersion
- Coordinate student and faculty schedules for the entire immersive experience
- Collaborate with 2U Student Support team to ensure all student and faculty needs are met
- Manage inventory decisions for Immersion Weekends
- Manage post-event surveys and follow-up communications in conjunction with program leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage day-to-day operational needs for the SON and participate in ongoing policy and process development and improvements
- Assists with SON communications regarding programs, policies and guidelines for faculty, administrators, students, advisors and others
- Assist with maintenance and updating of key documents including handbooks, policies, syllabi templates, etc.
- Serves as the key operational liaison for the SON for functional areas across the University i.e. Technology, Registrar, Human Resources, and 2U
- Attend all relevant SON meetings, participate in committee work, maintain records, and manage database systems as required
- Consult with academic leadership on key program initiatives and make recommendations on issues impacting SON programs
- Work on discrete projects, providing project coordination, documentation, and support
- Deploy, supervise, and evaluate student workers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
Required Technical Skills
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Zoom, and Google Suite (Drive, Gmail, and Gcal), along with an aptitude and interest in learning new tools and software
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Three years of relevant work experience, with administrative or coordinator experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with particular ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and competing interests
- Prior event planning experience is a plus
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Strong strategic thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to proactively problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations within an organization
- Ability to work independently while also knowing when to “manage up”
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to multitask, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Prior experience in higher education administration is a plus
- Time Management
- Positive attitude, problem solving, patience
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This is a full-time exempt position that is benefits-eligible, with a regular schedule of Monday through Friday. Occasional nights and weekends are required. Hybrid work arrangements will be considered.
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus—Boston-MA/Operations—Program-Coordinator–Nursing_R09328
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example – sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
About Simmons University
Simmons University encompasses the many benefits of a small university in the nation's best "college town."
Located in the heart of Boston, Simmons University is a private university, home to a respected women’s undergraduate program, as well as coeducational graduate programs in nursing and health sciences, liberal arts, business, communications, social work, public health, and library and information science.
Simmons has established a model of higher education that only today other colleges and universities are beginning to adapt: the combination of education for leadership in high-demand professional fields with the intellectual foundation of the liberal arts. The result is a Simmons graduate prepared not only to work, but to lead in professional, civic, and personal life — a vision of empowerment that Simmons calls preparation for life’s work.
The Simmons story is one of growth, innovation, and a solid foundation — fueled by on-the-ground and online enrollment, and investments in its campus and technology.
Jobs at Simmons University. When inquiring or applying for jobs at Simmons University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with Simmons University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Simmons University are posted, please sign up for new job openings at Simmons University.